(Note: Details about each task will be activated every week with posts related to each item.)
Week 1: Introduction
1. Read this blog & find out about the program.
2. Discover a few pointers from lifelong learners and learn how to nurture your own learning process.
Week 2: Blogging
3. Set up your own blog & add your first post.
4. Register your blog and begin your Learning 2.0 journey.
Week 3: Photos & Images
5. Explore Flickr and learn about this popular image hosting site.
6. Have some Flickr fun and discover some Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites.
7. Create a blog post about anything technology related that interests you this week.
Week 4: RSS & Newsreaders
8. Learn about RSS feeds and setup your own Bloglines newsreader account.
9. Locate a few useful library related blogs and/or news feeds.
Week 5: Play Week
10. Play around with an online image generator.
11. Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.
12. Roll your own search tool with Rollyo.
Week 6: Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati
13. Learn about tagging and discover a Del.icio.us (social bookmarking site)
14. Explore Technorati and learn how tags work with blog posts.
15. Read a few perspectives on Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries and blog your thoughts.
Week 7: Wikis and Online Communities
16. Learn about wikis and discover some innovative ways that libraries are using them.
17. Add an entry to any wiki.
17 1/2. Explore Facebook.
Week 8: Online Applications & Tools
18. Take a look at some online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.
19. Explore any site from the Web 2.0 awards list, play with it and write a blog post about your findings.
Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable audio
20. Discover YouTube and a few sites that allow users to upload and share videos.
21. Discover some useful search tools for locating podcasts.
22. Take a look at the titles available in eMedia and learn how to download audiobooks.
23. Summarize your thoughts about this program on your blog.